Monday, September 01, 2014

Public Transit

The transit in London.... It's unlike anything else. Toronto pales in comparison, so do the cities I've lived in.


Tube map

There are a number of different ways to get around. The tube is the most intricate, but there are also busses and trains. The busses do not have set times, but just tell you how often they come. The 31, which we took the other day, comes every 6-10 minutes, which at times is an over exaggeration. When we were looking to come back yesterday, we saw the bus we needed pass when we were a minute from the stop. We had only been at the stop a minute when the same bus came again. Making the time between the busses 2 minutes. The tube is similar in that they come every 6-10 minutes, so if you miss one, or it is too full, you just wait, and there will be a new one very soon. I am figuring out the system, and like that I don't have to worry about time, as it doesn't really matter when I get to the stop. I know I won't be waiting more than 10 minutes. I have yet to wait more than 5.

Tube                                                                Bus        

No comments:

Post a Comment