Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Kensington Palace

Nov. 3

 
Today I went to Kensington Palace.



 Kensington Palace has four different routes in it. The Queen's State apartments, the King's State Apartments, Victoria Revealed and Modern Royals - Fashion Rules.

The first room you walk into has couches, so that you can read the quotes on the celling and look at the pictures of royals.

Quotes
 
Prince William, Kate, and George

Princess Diana
I loved the quotes on the celling. The different colours and the many royals that they are taken from are incredible. As you go throughout the Palace there are tons of quotes everywhere.


I love quotes, so for me this was so amazing. Queen Victoria was the focus of the path, Victoria Revealed, as she grew up in Kensington Palace, and continued living there after she became Queen at the age of 18. We saw the room she grew up in.


And a room that showed videos of her Diamond Jubilee.
 
 
 
There was also a number of family trees around. Which also is right up my ally, as I am extremely interested in genealogy. 
 
 
 
And of course the royal family crest.
 
 
 
Fashion Rules was a really interesting exhibition. The royals get to wear amazing dresses.
 



I find the royals really interesting, and seeing when they have lived and their stuff is exciting for me, so I had a great time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment