Monday, October 13, 2014

Arriving in Venice

Oct. 11

 
 
We arrived in Venice today. Up at 4am, to catch a bus, that took us to another bus, which took us to the airport. At the airport I lost the people I was travelling with at the baggage drop. After a few minutes of looking, I decided to just continue on and hopefully meet them on the plane. I went and got food, waited for my boarding gate to be announced, looked at some duty-free stuff, waited for my boarding gate to be announced, chilled in some comfy seats, waited for my boarding gate to be announced...
Finally my boarding gate was announced. I went over to the gate, where I found my friends, who thought I had been abducted, or taken by security, little dramatic, but we got on the plane and were off. At some point the pilot announced that although we could not see it because of the clouds, that blocked our view the entire time, we were over the alps.
 
When we arrived, we took a boat to get to Venice, where we then started trying to figure out how to get to where we are staying. The streets names are all Italian, and are similar to each other. They are also very short, before reaching a square, which then has a number of streets.
 


Street in Venice

Square in Venice

 
 Venice doesn't have cars. The roadways are canals. The modes of transportation include boat, and walking. Even the ambulance is a boat.
 
Starting our emersion into Italian culture, we had pizza and gelato for lunch and pasta for dinner. 
 
We rested a lot in the afternoon, as our early morning, and travels made us tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment