Tuesday, October 07, 2014

My weekend in Ireland

Oct 3-6

 
First off I want to apologize for not posting in a while. But I am on a semester abroad, which means that I go to these silly things called classes. On top of that the profs ask for projects to be done. It's a crazy idea. But that is what I've been doing lately. Lots of projects, because the next couple weeks are very busy with fun stuff!!! So you will be hearing lots for me in the next little while.

This weekend I was in Ireland! It was incredible. If it's not already there, add 'go to Ireland' to your bucket list. It's a great country and one that I would like to go to again. The people are amazing, and the country is gorgeous. But if not for anything else, you must go to Ireland for the cross ways. Now I realize this sounds ridiculous, but they are awesome. In Canada, and other countries, when walking, at some point you have to cross a road. To do so, there are indicators when it's safe to do so. The red hand, and the person walking. And I know everyone, everywhere waits for the sign to cross the road, because no one would ever illegally j-walk across the road. But in Ireland it's worth the wait. Their cross signals make the most amazing sound. It's like a laser gun, then beeping... that doesn't sound as awesome as it is, so you will just have to go to Ireland and see what I mean. Dublin has the safest road of the major cities in the EU, and I think it's because of the awesome sounding cross walks.

The people in Ireland are great. Very helpful and nice. So nice, that there are many towns in Ireland that only have part-time police stations. Meaning that the police stations actually close. So if you absolutely must commit a crime in Ireland, don't do it at midnight, as there isn't police closely available.

Well that's the generals of Ireland. There will be a post for each day I was there, so stay tuned.

Starting with Friday. When figuring out timing you should keep in mind that despite that it says the bus to the airport will take an hour, it lies. It took us an hour and forty minutes. But we had planned enough time, and it was fine.  We had a midday flight. All well and good. The flight to Dublin from London, is pretty short, between and hour and an hour and a half. Once we got through security and were admitted to the country, we took the hour bus ride to where we were staying. By then it was around 8pm. We went out to get some food, before getting back to the hostel to go to bed.

There ended our day on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment