Sunday, December 14, 2014

Edinburgh Castle

Dec. 4

 
Today is my last day in Scotland, but my flight isn't until this evening, so I have time. I explored Edinburgh Castle.
 
 
It was pretty awesome. It had some great views of the city.
 
 
There was the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Regimental Museum, where there were a ton of medals, and the story of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Regiment.
 
 
There was also the dungeon, which was super creepy.
 
 
There was also a very large memorial. The entire building was a memorial, and you could go inside and there were different sections of different regiments and wars, with books that listed all the personal that gave their lives.
 
 
The castle has active military, and you see them walking around.
 
 
They also fire a gun thing, everyday at 1pm. 
 
Military man preparing for 1pm firing.
 






Like many palaces, they also have an armory.

 
They also have the Scottish Crown Jewels (which you can't take pictures of), which are gorgeous. But I prefer the English Crown Jewels.
 
 
Every country has their stereotypes, and Scotland is no exception. So my trip would not have been complete without seeing a guy playing the bagpipes in full Scottish dress.
 
 
Bagpipes are actually really nice to listen to, if they are played properly. Scotland is also known for sheep. I have learnt over the last couple days that Scotland has sheep EVERYWHERE!!! If you want to see sheep, go anywhere in Scotland that isn't a major city, and you will see more than you ever wanted to.
 
 
Even if you don't think they are there, they are. Just look closer. It is very difficult to look at a view in Scotland, and not see sheep somewhere. It's kind of awesome!
 
 
 
Before heading to the airport, I did some shopping, and checked out the national art gallery.

Painting of Dunnottar Castle
I then went to the airport, where I got on the first plane of my trip that wasn't delayed.

Soon enough I was back in London, soon to be on another plane, back to Canada.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment