Sunday, December 14, 2014

The End

Dec. 6

 
Today I fly back to Canada. Despite the hour and a half delay, I arrived back to Canada, and got through customs pretty easily.
 
The past four months have been life-altering. It was a great trip, and I would recommend it to anyone. Even if it's not with school, find a way to explore the world, whether it's through a job as an au pair, or at a restaurant, through academics, or even if it's just exploring your own backyard, find a way, it will be worth it. 
 
I'd never imagine that I could do half the things that I did on this trip, it has opened me up to new experiences, and a side of myself I never knew. I learnt so much, about different cultures, places, and myself.
 
There are so many stories to tell, and new friends I'll never forget, but travelling isn't just for a semester abroad, it's a lifetime full of racking up cities and countries. I've now been to 6 countries, and more cities than I can count, and each one holds a special place in my heart.
 
No matter where you are, or where you're going remember we all watch the same sun rise. It may be the end of this trip, but it's not the end of my adventure. I will write again when I travel next. It might not be for a while, as right now I'm out of time and money, but I will write again. For now I'm going to stay in the best place in the world - home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment