Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tower Bridge

Dec. 5

 

 
 
Tower Bridge is an iconic London landmark, and you can go into the feet of the bridge, and walk through the bar at the top of the bridge. Today, on my last day that is exactly what I did. I also walked around London seeing the major sites, and finding more Paddington's, one last time.
 
An elevator takes you up the tower, where you stop and watch a movie on the making of the bridge. You than get to walk from on tower to the other.
 
 
You can walk along both sides, which I did. They have an exhibit inside, which is famous bridges. The bridge I saw the other day, the Forth Railway Bridge, was included, which was really cool.
 
The other crossing
 
Like the CN Tower, there was a glass floor.
 
 
 
That's 42 meters above the Thames River!
 
I was amazed to learn that the Tower Bridge was not bombed during WWII.
 
 
You then go into the foot of the bridge and see the engine room, and the gift shop.
 
 
It was pretty awesome, and a great way to end my adventure in London.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment